Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Arkansas

It's Official - I'll be spending this semester at the University of Arkansas.

I'm really excited about the opportunity. Very rarely does a consultant get to spend more than three days or eight weeks at any particular campus (chapter services and expansion respectively). I like to think of it as the best of both worlds: I get to recruit just like I would on Expansion, and I get to work on chapter programing like Chapter Services. Additionally, I get to help implement and watch different programs develop and grow. My hope is that I can continue my work on The Accolade and possibly bring it to Arkansas.

The tentative plan is for me to move to Fayetteville at the end of August. With my supreme knowledge of US Geography, I guessed that the drive from Oxford would be around six hours. WRONG - turns out its closer to 12. The Aztec and I are going to be best friends after that journey.

We were talking today about Fayetteville today and the impression I got is that the campus has a very midwestern feel with a southern twist. This makes me feel really comfortable going into the whole situation. I'm even more excited about being on a big football campus. Go Razorbacks?

High: Getting 105% on my Chapter Designations Test
Low: Getting kicked out of the racquet ball court

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's so deep, I never thought of it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, from arkansas, its only about 7, 7 1/2 hours to make it out to San Diego

    congrats, hope it goes well

    ReplyDelete