Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fayetteville First Impressions


So I finally arrived in Fayetteville after my two six-hour drives from Oxford, OH to Arkansas. The drive itself was pretty uninteresting. I scanned for radio stations the entire trip. The highlight was driving right next to the St. Louis Arch.

Upon arriving at the house, one of the first people I met was Mar Teze, the Greek graduate assistant that lives in the house; he functions like an RA. He's working on his doctorate in Higher Ed and was an Alpha Phi Alpha advisor for a couple years before coming here.

I moved everything I own into my new room, which is roughly the size of a dorm room. Luckily my room would normally be a double, so I have two of everything, including two beds pushed together. Right now I have the entire hall to myself, but eventually freshmen who accept bids will be moving in around me. It'll be exciting to actually have people around me.

The most rewarding part so far has been getting to know the guys in the house. The first night I went out to dinner with two of the officers and they gave me the low-down on how things used to be in the chapter. In addition to that, a lot of the guys have stopped by my room to introduce themselves and just hang out.

We have our first Colony meeting monday night, and I have a lot of preparing to do to make sure the year gets started on the right foot.

And for those of you who missed it, here's my video of my trip down: here

High: Finally getting all moved in
Low: Trying to run around Fayetteville = mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment